Questions to Ask a Potential Agent
The following are important questions to consider asking potential agents as you prepare to list your property:
1. Are you a realtor? (Remember, not ALL agents are realtors. Refer to Seller Tips: Choosing a Realtor for further explanation.)
2. Do you have an active real estate license in good standing?
3. Does your agency belong to the MLS? (A good realtor will list your property in a Multiple List Service or MLS.)
4. What have you recently listed or sold in this area that is comparable to my property? What made for a smooth, quick transaction? What are some issues that have caused other properties to not sell?
5. Do you cooperate with buyers' brokers?
6. What share of the commission will you offer a cooperating broker who finds the buyer for my property?
Our agents at Butler Realty are prepared to answer these and any other questions you may have, and to instill in you the confidence of a smooth process in listing, marketing, and selling your property.